“Let me introduce the new Administrative Assistant here at Smart Boy Designs! With a fast-growing company, the ever-present need for a new addition was widely apparent. Best part of it all, is that I also call this assistant my best friend and Aunt. Introducing…Lindsay Loveday.” -Christian Hollingsworth
Great name, right?
If you ever meet me I will probably say it with a little blonde head bob since the name just begs for the action.
No, I did not marry my hubby just for that name, but it may have been the icing on the otherwise scrumptious cake.
The best way I describe myself is that I am a contradiction…
- I love plastic surgery and dressing up, but I am holistic and hippy at heart.
- I look like a materialistic city girl, but I love and live in the country.
- I am outgoing, loud and party with the best of them, but I’d rather be home meditating, silent, and vegging out.
- I couldn’t live without my iPhone, laptop, internet, and movies, but have a fascination with history and Regency/Western times and perhaps I should have lived then (maybe I did!)
- I dislike organized religion, but feel people should be able to believe in what they want to believe in.
- I am independent and love time to myself but have always had a boyfriend/husband.
- My favorite things to do are read, learn, and research, but I hate school.
- I believe in energy, intuition, and spirits, but won’t believe most other things until it is scientifically proven.
- I take herbs and practice natural, alternative healing, but am quick to take prescription if something is really bothering me.
- I couldn’t wait to move out and be on my own when I was younger, but I am over at my parent’s house and hang out with them as much as possible now.
- I adore nature and animals but I will kill a spider or creepy crawly thing without a second thought.
I am creative and random and yet am logical and analytical.
I am VERY indecisive! Even figuring out where to eat with me is horrible. I just really don’t care. I am happy with anything and I like to try everything, so it is hard for me to choose just one thing.
I love the change in seasons. Come spring and I just get so happy when I see green everywhere, flowers blooming, and laying in the sun. And then there is fall with the colors, coziness and upcoming holidays. Something about these times of the year energizes me.
It’s Time To Unleash My Creative Energy
I have been craving to let my artistic and creative side come to life again.
I need to learn to play my guitar, start singing and dancing again, write, and pick up a paint brush once again.
I read A LOT…I easily read close to 100 books a year. We are talking 400+ page novels, (***GUILTY PLEASURE ALERT!!!!) a lot of them being historical romances. Just can’t get enough of them.
More than anything, I want to write. I have a few novels that I am constantly writing in my head, but just have not been able to put down on paper yet.
You will now all become my test guinea pigs, bwahahahaha!
I am absolutely fascinated with European culture and history (especially England) and my greatest wish is to travel all over Europe and see all the castles/architecture, culture, and history it offers.
I have a little bit of a crush on East coast small towns with history, but namely in Connecticut. I blame Gilmore Girls. I fell in love with that show and decided that I wanted to live in a little small town and walk to the diner for coffee each morning and gossip with all the other locals.
Although, my dream is to live in a grand log cabin with pine trees secluding us with a flower garden and a motorcycle track for G. Somehow I want this place with in walking distance to the beach since nothing grounds and energizes me like the ocean.
I love to experience new things and to learn.
This may be why I know a little bit about everything and have done a bit of everything from being a licensed real estate agent to a certified massage therapist.
I am completely in love with my dog, Lucky Monster. I sometimes think that if I am this in love with him, I feel sorry for my future children because they are just going to be smothered in love.
My hubby (which will be known to you as, G) and I laugh and tease way too much…each other and other people. That is what I love about him. We never have a serious fight and are really each other’s best friend.
Lastly, I am crazy about my nephews and nieces. They are the most beautiful, smart, and well rounded kids I have ever known and I have been lucky to be close to them as they grow up.
Which brings me to Christian.
He was the best gift to my seven year old self. I thought my sister must really love me to give me such an adorable playmate and friend that I could fawn over and take care of. He had my heart from day one and continues to bind it tighter and tighter to himself.
What does this have to do with Smart Boy Designs?
Well, I am here to serve as his bitch
As we have grown up together, we always supported each other and dreamt of what the future could hold. Every time we moved in one direction, the other was right there to scheme, concoct, and daydream with the other. I’ts just how it works.
We both strongly believe that visualization, positive thoughts, and an open mind can unfold unlimited possibilities.
With Christian, that limitless future is happening…NOW…I am here to smooth the way. Be it here in the blog or in his music career, I will be in the background most likely with Starbucks or glass of wine in hand.
I am proud of the past, energized about the now, and out of my mind excited for the future.