Branding is a science.
It’s also full of creativity.
I tend to make my bed in the room of Creativity. Occasionally I spend the night at the home of Science.
As so often occurs, cobbler’s children have the worst shoes. I spend so much time on company campaigns, branding and marketing that I often let my own projects fall through the cracks.
Lately I’ve had a need for a new blog tagline.
Instead of spending a day brainstorming, I’d like to incorporate the involvement of everyone who reads the blog.
And why? You read the blog. You know what type of information you crave and need. I respect your opinions.
Let this also be a simple guide in helping you create a better tagline for your own blogs!
Help Me Choose A New Blog Tagline
As you may have noticed, currently the title of the blog is Smart Boy Designs.
It’s not a perfect, brand-able name. The blog has evolved into much more than just design.
I’ve kept the name more for the sake of nostalgia than anything else. It was one of the first domain names I ever registered as a young kid. When I’d fix a computer problem or build a new website, my grandparents would always respond with, “You’re such a smart boy!”
But I’ll be keeping my baby (e.g. blog name).
What I need help with now is a visionary tagline. A tagline that compensates for past, present and future goals of the blog. Currently the tagline includes the following…
Make money online. Change lives. Grow brand visibility.
I feel it could be something different.
Just so you get an idea of the direction I’m taking the blog, here are a few bullet points with goals and direction.
- The topics involved on the blog vary greatly. Topics may include design, digital marketing, interviews, Twitter, making money online, branding, how to blog, coding, etc.
- I’d like to continually branch out into other areas of digital marketing and web development. I visualize news being presented, more reviews of current books, design tutorials, interviews with business owners & more.
- My job profession has evolved into more than just building websites. My official title and services fall along the lines of Digital Marketing Consultant. Reasoning being that digital marketing covers all aspects of web development, blogging & social media marketing.
- I envision the tagline being multi-faceted. Combining the mission, goal and vision of Smart Boy Designs as a whole in a simple statement.
So there you have it.
The task is to create a simple, concise tagline that helps explain what Smart Boy Designs is all about.
Are you up for the challenge?
What does the winner get?
After taglines are submitted (you have a week to submit your tagline choice via the comments section) I’ll choose the tagline.
Will it be yours?
If so, you’ll receive the following…
- A copy of the Blogging Bible eBook
- Backlinks toward your blog
- A special post talking about your blog, projects & you as the tagline winner
- The honor of knowing you created the Smart Boy Design tagline! I’ll mention that fact often.
So there you have it folks!
I’m really excited to see what you’ll come up with. As mentioned above, I respect you all for various reasons. You’re smart, beautiful, successful, funny, friends and business owners. Cumulatively, you inspire and bless my life in rich ways.
I’m honored to know you.
*By submitting a tagline below you are agreeing to give all rights, use and permissions of the tagline to Smart Boy Designs. Specifically, you’re revoking your ownership and use of the tagline.