105,223 people now follow me on Twitter.
I didn’t expect the “100k” number to come so quickly. A combination of new support from various countries, appearances in local media and professional support led to the increase. I’m overwhelmed and humbled. Not many words describe the intense feelings that occur within me now.
Ranging from the United States to New Zealand, these followers come from all walks of life. Philosophers, fathers, marketers, friends, networkers, technology fans, writers, givers, linkers, bloggers, consultants, strategists, thinkers, teens, entrepreneurs, teachers, moguls, enthusiasts, cooks, gamers, lions, sprouts, freelancers, mothers & dog fanatics.
Now, the great question most everyone asks is, “How did you reach 100k followers?” I’d like to leave that answer for another post.
In this post I’d like to focus on feelings.
More Followers = A Mixed Bag of Feelings
As it so often seems, I feel like a broken record.
I find myself keeping a Twitter stream of thank yous and mementos of gratitude. It’s hard for me to let kindness and support go by without notice.
With more followers it also seems the difficulties occur along with the blessings.
The most pressing being the lessened ability to communicate one-on-one with each of you. I feel like a student with many friends, but with the problem of having to choose only one seat at lunch time. I’ve become concerned with my little family online. The pressing need to care for and love each of you, individually, is a topic of my internal mind’s discussion.
Because of You
Let me be personal in saying first, just a few things to express that love.
If it wasn’t for your support I would not be seeing the level of success occurring in my life.
- At 21 I own and operate my own business. Because of you.
- I now mull over the achievement of 100k Twitter followers. Because of you.
- Each day I’m inspired. Because of you.
- I’m able to share words, music & thoughts with millions of people. Because of you.
- Windows of opportunity are opening with each day. Because of you.
- I smile. Because of you.
You know who you are.
At times I do not understand the why of this universe. Why do you love me enough to share? Why do you care to support? Out of all the people in this world, why do I have 100k Twitter followers?
You are followers whom I know and love. Followers with real-life trials, successes, problems and songs. Followers of which concern my mind often. I spend many sleepless nights striving to know what I might share in order to increase the success of your businesses. How to better teach others how to blog. I crave your success.
I want joy for each of your lives.
Let’s Do Things As A Family
So what, might you ask, shall I do to battle my original problem?
I’m going to follow the example of large families.
In order to stay unified and keep personal contact with all members of a large family (I have five younger siblings), you must do things together. Whether it’s shooting clay pidgeons or surfing in Santa Cruz, our family has always been doing things together. It’s been my father’s motto to remember, “The family that plays together, stays together.”
So that, my friends, is what we must do. The answer to my problem.
We must do. Together.
- Where possible I will link to your magnificent content.
- I will do my best to deliver quality, accurate information. I understand I am not perfect.
- We will be joyful and positive.
- If I see a need that I have the capacity of meeting within the community, I will make all aware of the circumstance and situation. Social media becomes a powerful weapon in making changes for good in this world.
Together, we will do.
A time of celebration. Share your Twitter account in the comment section below!
Now is a time of celebration.
Although I am the same person independent of “follower count,” I set out with the goal this year of reaching 100k Twitter followers. A way by which to measure the effort I put into this blog and other social media efforts. It’s exciting. Worth celebrating! Joyful! I’m grateful to have this wonderful tool in order to promote your services, businesses and products.
A tool, built through you.
First, we must start the celebrating by honoring Twitter.
Below (as comments) I want for you to answer all or none of the following questions:
- First, use the blue box to link to your Twitter account.
- Why do you Tweet?
- Why should others follow you?
- What goals do you hope to accomplish within Twitter?
- Are you satisfied by what you’ve done online and off?
- What do you hope to see on Smart Boy Designs?
- How else should we celebrate?
- Invite a friend to join us.
I really love connecting with each of you. Let this be a time to do so on a deeper level!
I open my heart to you.
Know these as my raw, unadulterated feelings.
I honestly care about you, and hope to show that commitment.
I want to help you achieve your goals, dreams and aspirations.
I understand I am young. I don’t know it all. I don’t claim to know it all. I simply have some skills, and I have a desire to help.
I’m full of gratitude.
Life shines bright.