I wasn’t going to write any posts this week, due to Thanksgiving & my birthday, but blogging got the better of me. Just this one I promise.
Giving back on your birthday seems to be on the upward swing. Trending.
What I did this year (as my birthday is today) is finally get the Smart Boy Designs store up and running. Many have been pushing me to get it done, as it seems some of my other projects tend to take the forefront. You’ll notice “The Blogging Bible,” is now available at a very low price, which is a compilation of all my favorite blog posts from the past. More information on this eBook will be coming soon.
So, what does a blogger usually do on one’s birthday?
Write a blog post of course!
Below you’ll find 21 fun, outrageous, funny, possibly boring facts about myself.
The 21 Facts
Here’s to the baring of souls!
- I love the Food Network. Throughout the day, at home, you’ll usually find it playing in the background. I eat lunch while watching some of my favorite chefs create even more food.
- Born premature and with a severe case of Jaundice. There’s a long story behind this near death experience that I won’t share here.
- Journaling is my way to calm down, create new ideas, focus, stay positive and learn from life. I’ve filled many journals and am always on the lookout for trendy, hip, awesome journals to add to my collection.
- I failed a college course in creating web sites.
- A talent I wish I had is break-dancing.
- I once had an aversion to avocados, Brussels sprouts, olives and mushrooms. I love them all now.
- Nightmarish dreams have plagued me for as long as I can remember. For quite some time I’ve developed a habit of writing my dreams as soon as I wake, and have found my dreams to be full-blown movies almost every night. Chasing. Death. Victory. I’ve done my best to turn a plague into a power. Many dreams are now my inspiration for blog posts, marketing campaigns & song lyrics.
- I can wiggle my ears.
- Disneyland, for me, is darn near the happiest place on earth. The show Fantasmic! makes me teary eyed almost every time.
- I’ve never driven a car with stick shift. Call it fate, but every vehicle I’ve ever driven has been an automatic. Yes I know, I’ve failed as a man, but hoping my time on a motorcycle will cross-pollinate clutch skills.
- I can’t burp.
- The worst pain I’ve come to categorize in my life thus far is the migraine after a spinal tap.
- I collect key-chains.
- I collect books.
- Believe in ghosts, I do.
- One of my goals is to spend time in every US state.
- Up until the age of 12 I was simply terrified to sing in front of people. Now it’s a career choice.
- I’ve been driving large equipment trailers around the state of California for events (my Dad’s event production business) from the time I received my license. Work also included managing race events at a young age.
- Never worked fast food a day in my life.
- I have four dogs. Three huskies of which I dog sled with, and our mascot chihuahua.
- I don’t drink.
Well, my friends, thank you for sticking with me for a few of my years on this earth.
Here’s to another 80 if I can make it!
Birthday balloon photo by APM Alex.