WordPress SEO plugins come in a myriad of forms all with the purpose of easing your SEO experience.
SEO stands for search engine optimization, this is a way of making your site more detectable by Google crawlers. A high crawl rate equates to the sites visibility which then results in a higher page ranking in the Google search engine and will ultimately help your site be found more and visited. Here are some plugins to help with SEO:
- SEO Smart Link: In SEO, a well linked site creates a bigger chance for the Google crawlers to judge content and understand what your site is about. Therefore it is crucial to have good in-site linkage especially when you have related topics. To further describe this let me use an example. Say you wrote an article about Human Biology, then you create a post somewhere down the road where you re-mention the keywords Human Biology, a link will be created automatically.
- All in One SEO Pack: This is one of the most popular WordPress SEO plugins out there. This is best for newbie users especially because it automatically generates meta tags and optimizes your page for detection by the popular search engines. But advanced users still have the option of customizing the different aspects if need be.
- No Follow Case by Case: This allows you to retain back-link’s made by valid posters while reducing the amount of spammers back-linking to their blogs.
- Robots Meta: This plugin allows you to give specific notes and instructions to the Google Robots preventing them from indexing pages that you do not want indexed.
- Redirection: If you find that you have 301 redirects and 404 errors this plugin helps you manage them, preventing your ranking from going down
- Google XML Sitemaps: Is a way to let search engines know where your pages are. Having this file makes pages visible and therefore easier to index by Google.
- SEO Friendly Images: This increases the visibility of your website not only via Google Search but also via Google Image search.
- SEO Rank Reporter: Allows you to check how certain keywords are doing, and will also get notified if certain keywords undergo significant change.
- SEO Ultimate: This plugin ensures that you have all the necessary things like robot.txt files and means of pointing to your main articles.
- SEO Content Control: This a way to check which posts are doing well and which need improvement. It also states points of possible improvement allowing for a better more efficient blog.
- Platinum SEO Pack: This has a myriad of features such as automatic meta tag generation and page optimization as well as avoiding duplicate content.
- Head Space2 SEO: A way to manage meta-data as well as manage other SEO tasks such as create custom titles and descriptions.
- Dragon Design Sitemap Generator: As its name suggests it creates a highly customizable sitemap.
- SEO Slugs: This a plugin that removes common words from long post names such as the, in, what, you, and others making your posts more search friendly.
- 404 SEO Plugin: Creates a way to display relevant links to other posts on your blog this prevents your Google page ranking from dropping.
- Simple Social Bookmarks: This a way to instantly display submission links to sites such as Digg, Delicious and Buzz.
- AddToAny: This is another plugin that allows your users to easily bookmark, email, and re-post your blog post.
What WordPress SEO plugins do you use?
Photo by Search Engine People Blog