On Twitter – there are limits to the amount of people you can follow total & how many people you may follow daily. For many, getting past 2,000 Twitter followers is the first step or goal to attain.
The reason for this is that Twitter only allows you to follow 2,000 people in the beginning. Once you surpass 2,000 Twitter followers, you can follow as many people as follow you – plus 10%.
For example – if you have 5,000 Twitter followers – you can follow up to 5,500 individuals.
From time to time I’m asked, “How do I get 2,000 Twitter followers – and more?” Following is a list of suggestions for ways to attain this goal, and become further noticed in the millions involved in the Twitter community.
- Post your Twitter link on Facebook – It’s amazing how many indvidiauls on Facebook also use Twitter. Use the mediums you have already attained, and spread the wealth between social platforms.
- Tweet Daily & With A Rhythm – If you want your Twitter stream to become well recognized and important in your niche, you must remember to Tweet daily. I also mention rhythm in order to bring up the topic of keeping most of your Tweets on topic and specific to the niche you’re involved in. Don’t start posting random Tweets regarding dogs in a garden profile.
- Keep Your Followers Entertained & Informed – Followers like to acquire pertinent information from Twitter streams. Share links you feel are valuable, and add to your Twitter community. I also feel it’s important to occasionally share jokes related to your niche, funny quotes, inspirational thoughts, etc…This keeps your Twitter stream fun to follow and entertaining. Just don’t overdo the good.
- Make Your Twitter Personal – It’s hard to grow a huge following of Twitter fans by just posting your daily happenings in life, it’s important to keep your Twitter profile personal. Occasionally share Tweets regarding your personal life, and share in the joy of becoming real, caring friends via Twitter.
- Include Your Twitter Profile On Outgoing eMail Signatures – Many only include a link to their website or blog on outgoing emails, but it’s also important to share your Twitter profile URL.
- Use Your Twitter URL On Blog Comments – When posting comments on other blogs (helpful, non-spammy comments), I’d suggest using your Twitter profile as the author link vs. your blog link occasionally.
- Reply & Interact With Other Twitterers - Twitter can’t be the “all about me” show. Remember to share your thoughts with other Twitter users, and reply to their thoughts as well. The more you communicate and interact with others – the stronger your relationship will become.
Although this isn’t an all-inclusive list to growing Twitter followers, it’s a great start. If you go about trying to improve on each aspect listed here, you’ll be certain to surpass 2,000 followers in a very short time.
Twitter is a community. In communitites – you give. Remember to give to your followers, give to others & become a trusted, reliable asset in your niche.
In the end – we’re all connected.
Share with us ways YOU grow your Twitter followers!