Major discussion has evolved as to how Facebook is a supreme tool for blog marketing and interaction, but I’ve found many are still confused as to how they should go about using Facebook for their blogging needs. There’s an art to staying friendly with family and friends, yet still taking time to promote your content to some extent. Use the following guide for ideas on how to use Facebook for all your blog marketing and promotion needs.
1. Edit Your Profile Info – On Facebook every individual is given the opportunity to list their favorite movies, books, hobbies, websites and business. Be sure to fill out your profile, and leave information about your blog. For Contact Information leave a link to your blog, and maybe even mention your blog in your interests, activities, and work information.
2. Share Links to Blog Content – It’s important to keep your Facebook friends updated on the latest content released on your blog. Using an online service such as HelloTxt or Ping.fm, share your latest post via an update on your Facebook Wall.
3. Create a Group for Your Blog – An oftentimes overlooked feature of Facebook is the Group tool. It’s extremely beneficial to create a group solely for the purpose of promoting your blog and its content. There you’ll be able to drum up attention and news related to your blog, and get people interested in supporting you and your ventures. In the past I’ve also had success in developing groups related to my blog’s topic, and using my blog as the group’s homepage or hub. (http://www.facebook.com/groups/create.php)
4. Share Your Blog’s Events – The ability to post events on Facebook is a very handy tool for blog promotion and marketing. Although many believe the Event function is only used for real-life “brick and mortar” events – it can also be used for online virtual events. If you’re hosting a prize competition or any other special blog event – post it as an event on Facebook. You’ll be surprised at how many people will become interested in your blog through this unique marketing opportunity. (http://www.facebook.com/editevent.php)
5. Connect & Interact – While you’re spending time promoting your blog content on Facebook, it must also be remembered that you must take the time necessary to connect and interact with others on Facebook. By joining other groups, fanning pages, and connecting with friends – you’re also spreading the word about your blog. Every new friend, contact, or collegaue is another potential reader whom may become interested in your blog’s content. By becoming a member of different groups on Facebook, related to my blog’s content, and intereacting with other members – I’ve been able to increase my blog’s reach significantly.
Facebook is a marvelous tool. Not only is it a mecca of connectivity and social interaction – but it’s also an extremely powerful tool for blog marketing and promotion. As you’ve seen throughout this guide, Facebook offers many opportunities for bringing your blog into the view of Facebook’s audience. By using the features available on Facebook your blog can quickly become further recognized from the contacts and friends you’ve developed on Facebook’s platform.
Don’t let the Facebook ideas stop here – share with us your ideas for blog marketing and promotion on Facebook!
Book photo by guldfisken, and Facebook logo added by yours truly.