Valentine’s Day. A torrential downpour of admirers showing their love for one another. Kisses are exchanged, flowers sent, and gobs of sweet-nothings whispered.
As bloggers we can learn many great qualities, by emulating the respect companions share for each other. By using the following tips, learn to treat your blog readers like a Valentine’s Day Lover.
Building the Loving Relationship
- Compliment & Speak Kindly - Admirers never speak harshly or abrupt to their significant other. The same should go for your blog readers. When comments are posted – thank your readers, and treat them with the same kindness you would show your Valentine.
- Send Gifts & Flowers - People love to share Valentine’s Gifts. Jewelry, flowers, candy, chocolate, and getaways. As a blogger, it may be valuable to give your readers gifts. Share a free E-book, discount, or other symbol of your gratitude. This will not only keep them coming back, but will help in developing a sense of community for your blog.
- Be Yourself - Nobody likes a fake. Be yourself when blogging, and let your personality shine through each post you write. Slip in details from your life, some of your favorite hobbies and activities, and advice from real life situations. As a blogger you’re trying to bring your posts to life, and share a small glimpse of your life.
- Give Out Your Number - When participating in a loving relationship, it’s important to have good contact and communication. Maintain an updated and easy to find contact page – with various methods of acceptable communication. Don’t leave your readers sitting cold in the dark.
- Never Be Late - It’s crucial to be on time for dates and dinners. Being on time is just as crucial as a blogger. If you have a routine, stick to it. Don’t post 5 posts in a row, and then vacate your blog for three months. Nobody likes to be stood up. This is a surefire way to lose readers faster than you gained them.
- Maintain Good Hygiene - Bad breath and dirty clothes are devastating to a Valentine’s date night. Terrible blog themes and confusing navigation are also devastating. Maintain blog “hygiene” by making your blog simple to navigate, and easy on the eyes.
The Kiss Goodnight
Valentine’s Day is a day of cherishing and commitment. On this special day of pink and red – being yourself, sending flowers, and complimenting are all ways to show your affection for another individual.
Treat your blog readers with that same respect. Give them thanks. Send them gifts. Write good content. All are trusted ways in developing a lasting, loving relationship.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Photo by sloanpix